Meile dishwashers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys and girls.

quick question, how good a make are miele dishwashers?

Sponsored Links
they are the best.

anyway they are the best weather u want to buy one or not. should have at least 15 years hassle free from it. made to last 20 years not like other brand that are 4 years

I'm getting fed up with with washing machine not lasting 5 years plus or breaking down. My first Hoover washing machine lasted 13 years ! then 3-4 years with Hotpoint and so on but maybe I'm unlucky ! I have look at the miele website and on some model they are giving 10 years warranty just to show how confident and reliable they are. They are dearer but propably cheaper in the long run. I shall be looking at miele appliance next. I believe Bosch are a good make as well.

miele are the best, all the rest last between 2-6 years even the bosch unless u pay for a german bosch (£500+) as the others are made in spain
bosch does come with 2 years parts and labour.
i do alot of repair work for currys ect and if you look at what people pay for a machine £300 then £200 for 5 years parts and labour ect. thats £500 and most are dead by the end of year 6.

Sponsored Links
Can't comment on the dishwashers, but we've had a Miele washing machine for about a year and are impressed with the build quality (it's not got lumps of concrete in to stabliise it, for example - but still manages to weigh 100kg!) and its quietness.
As the other contributors mention, they're built to last.

i am getting the impression, that they used to be really really good, ( i was at house couple of weeks ago, and who should be there? mr Miele repair man again.

I think that yes they are better than most, but will not last as long (trouble free) as they used to.

But also it depends on how you use your appliance

breezer said:
I think that yes they are better than most, but will not last as long (trouble free) as they used to.
Any recommendation ?

Not seen many with a 10 years warranty !

Well, only personal experience, but we had the good fortune :) to have 3 kids in pretty short sucession. This means that the appliances get well used. My thoughts,

Our Dishwasher (Whirlpool) Well A bit of a difficult story here as the original one was asolutely cr*p and was eventually replaced by Whirlpool, on pain of legal action.

Fridge Freezer - Bosch, still works OK, very dubious build quality though.

Washing Machine - AEG Impressed, has nine shades of S*** kicked out of it every week, so far no probs whatsoever.

Cooker SMEG---- rubbish.

So let's look at it objectively.

The Dishwasher, originally a cheap one, i.e. comes "free" with the kitchen. Absolute sh1te. Replaced with top of the range whirlpool, still working fine but not impressed with the build quality.

The Fridge Freezer. Bosch. Rubbish, still works, the handles still keep falling off.

SMEG. All image no substance, wish I'd gone for the AGA.

AEG Fantastic, just a shame they built the concentration camp gas chambers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back