Miele G977 Dishwasher fault

See a couple of these machines where the air vent has worked loose & caused leaks. Look inside the machine on the right hand side, about 3-4" up from the base there is a round plastic air vent that connects to the water jacket on the outside of the machine. Try to give it a nip clockwise to make sure it is tight (but don't over-tighten it). You may have to use a pair of long nosed pliers or similar to get some leverage to turn it. Then run the machine on the hottest program & recheck for leaks. It may be an advantage to remove the right hand panel just to observe there is no leakage from the water jacket itself.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Zipper,

Ill try that vent to ensure its tight - tomorrow now tho. It has been run 3 times so far on the hottest setting and no water leakage yet. Ill run it again in a minute and have a look in the morning for water.

I'm guessing you think it must be a leak from somewhere and will more than likely happen again?

I too have got the issue with the Inlet/Drain error. I have checked all filters which are clear. We had a flood from the adjacent sink a few days ago with water going under the dishwasher. I am guessing that this has caused the problem. Do you think that this is likely? In which case do you think it is fairly easy to rectify? Is it just a case of tipping out the water that has got in at the bottom?

Hi cjfb,

I would imagine that no water has leaked from the dishwasher but the water has collected on the plate from the sink leak. if you pull your dishwasher out and put a towel behind it, when you tip it back you will have water run off the metal plate at the bottom. I would recommend removing the bottom plate and drying everything off as its really simple to do. I would also suggest runing it once or twice whilst its out to make sure everythings ok before putting it back into place.

Just follow the instructions already on here to remove the bottom plate - it is simple - Zipper was a great help also.

Hope this works for you.

Kind regards

Ross

Sponsored Links
Ross,

Many thanks for that. I have done exactly that and the machine is now working. I have learnt something new about how Miele set things up which is brilliant.

Charles

Hey Charles,

No problem. I love miele. I had to replace the door seal on my now 9 year old washing machine a few weeks ago. they're great they just work and they keep everything simple. I have only ever brought Miele but after watching everyone else I know keep replacing they're white goods and I'm still on original products they are worth every extra penny.

Glad it's all worked out mate.

have a good year - take care

Ross

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back