Miele dishwasher G977 stops after 5 mins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My four month old miele dishwasher G977+ has just developed a fault - it stops after about five minutes (sometimes seven minutes) with the Inlet/Drain light flashing.

If I change the programme control to Stop and then to any programme and press start, the dishwasher starts again - first emptying any water, and then refilling and starting to rinse.

Because it empties and fills without any problems, I don't think the filters are blocked. I have removed the filters and emptied the water many times, and removed the one-way valve and cleaned it as best I can several times - although it was not blocked and did not appear to be stuck.

I have also disconnected the inlet pipe and checked the inlet filter - no apparent blockages - and removed, washed and replaced it.

Since this problem developed on Tuesday, the dishwasher did complete the 70C intensive wash twice in a row - and has failed to complete any programmes since.

I just rang the 'warranty information' line (actually extended warranty sales line), and the man said it sounded like a 'programming problem' that would be quick to fix if an engineer came to visit.

Please can you let me know if you think this sounds like a 'programming problem' or if there is something physically wrong (e.g. a blockage in the sealed parts of the dishwasher) ?

Thanks for your time,
Michael

Sponsored Links
since I wrote the post above, the dishwasher stopped after about five minutes for a few more wash attempts,

but since then, it has worked every time.

??????

I've been running intensive programmes, and used the Finish dishwasher cleaner once.

It has also completed two real washes, albeit only about half-loaded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back