Melamine edging repair

Joined
13 Mar 2010
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Location
Tyne and Wear
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I noticed the edging from one of the boards in my fitted wardrobes was a bit loose. I read online that you need to iron them back on at medium heat with no steam. I did this and disaster, they shrank. Any idea of how I can repair this. The melamine wraps around the front so I don't think I will be able to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260923_184614029.jpg
    PXL_20260923_184614029.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20260923_184638343.jpg
    PXL_20260923_184638343.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20260923_184633830.jpg
    PXL_20260923_184633830.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 19
I guess it’s not melamine.

You can buy veneer edging of various kinds that you could glue on. The challenge will be to get a surface that you can fix it to. Perhaps you could sand off the existing, melted, finish to get a clean edge? Or slice it off with a sharp craft knife?
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top