Mem fuseboard

Sponsored Links
Yes, its an old MEM board. Looks like its got 3-phase feeding in to it (see the RYB spots on each busbar)

Please remove that piece of paper from the inside.

It's a 20amp MEM Exel. Looks like the re-wireable version which contains asbestos.

The newer ones have plastic carriers.

What do you want to know about it?

Its a old three phase re-wireable board, thousands of them still in use in industrial and commerical installations, you need to be very carful when working on them as most (if not all) contained flashpads which had a percentage of asbestos in

Sponsored Links
Leave it on eBay where it belongs.

We've just priced up to strip a load of those out. If it comes off you can have one for free.

What do you think you could ever use it for?

You can still buy the plastic carriers to fit that take hrc fuses.

HI

We've just priced up to strip a load of those out. If it comes off you can have one for free

Wow thanks

What do you think you could ever use it for?

I don't know just to collect. I like to collect old types of electrical items.

I threw a single phase one the other week.

It was distributing 2P 110v - why fuse both phases :eek:

I've got about 10 ceramic rewirable fuse carriers if anyone wants.

are we talking DC here or AC?

there isnt anything wrong with fusing both phases in that situation, or am I missing something?

AC. It was basically supplied from a much bigger version of your common site transformer.

Bongos: bang on there mate, only L+55v was fused, the L-55v could short to earth until the transformers own thermal cutout took care of it, which could take some considerable time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back