Memera 21 Consumer Unit Parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All

A friend wishes to put an electric shower in to his property. I have informed him about BC etc but here goes.

His house was rewired in 1984 and has two lighting circuits, 2 rings, 1 cooker and 1 immersion circuit. The CU is a Memera 21 with main switch and 2 spare ways, rated at 100 Amps, no RCD protection. Equipotential bonding is in place, but probably smaller to todays standards.

He will need to RCD the shower but is thinking of adding protection to other circuits as well.

The CU above has a plastic back, grey front cover and smoked like hinged cover over the BS 3871 MCBs.

Can you get RCBOs for this unit (in fact any parts now) or is a CU change the best bet?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
They did not do an RCBO for the single phase board, but they did for the three phase.

The thre phase ones had a deeper neck, so the smoked cover would no longer fit.

The MCB's are no longer made, but are available re-branded by a company called DELTA. However, I believe even these are no longer made. This is why most companies sell these for around £30-40 each.

Worth trying the www.thefusecompany.co.uk

You could fit a standard MCB and place an RCD inline with the supply to the shower. Adjacent the fuseboard for example.

I would be looking to replace the consumer unit if it was me.

any numbers on the breakers?
memshield 2?
MBH, MCH ETC?
View media item 12786
bah, too slow..

they got a double pole RCD on their which you could ust to make your CU into a "split load", but then there's no room for the new breaker..

I vaguely recall than MEM did a "clip on" rcd module that fit on the end of the breaker, you pried the bit off where is says memshield and it clipped on there...
or maybe that was talisman, they are remarkably similar breakers..

Sponsored Links
ah ok..

this any use to you? spare parts?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Memera 21 is very old now, I would not be thinking of spending much money on it.

An external RCD on the shower circuit would do in the short-term while you think about replacing with something newer.

The current RCBOs and Pods will not fit.

Cheers all

Lectrician, if I remember lrightly the MCBs are just like that in the photo as is the on/off switch legend.

Coljack, the board has a smoked cover over the CBs just like that and also has the same label in the top corner just like in the picture.

I havent seen the inside of the cu. I think the CBs say type 1.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back