Memera 2000 Consumer Unit

CTM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a new (to me anyway) property with a Mera 2000 consumer unit (main switch to the right). It is currently not split i.e. not RCD. I would like to upgrade it, however don't realy want to replace it. What are my options, it still has 4 spare ways for future expansion. I am thinking of adding an electric shower and would like an RCD fitting for that.
Does this unit except the Memera Pods which just attach to the existing MCBs or should I buy a second hand Memera 2000 unit and take the split bussbar, RCD, spit neutral bar and upgrade my unit. I believe when new you could buy it a a split unit.

Thoughts please as I have always used MK in the past and have no experince with Memera units.

Sponsored Links
Memera is good quality and the 2000 range is roomier inside than the 2000AD range. It will accept RCBOs. You can assemble them yourself by fitting the pods onto MCBs but it may be just as cheap and a bit easier to buy the RCBOs ready assembled. You will probably find that your local supplier does not keep all ready-made versions in stock which is when it is handy to be able to assemble them yourself. Once they have been snapped together they are not intended to come apart again.

Sometimes you can get second-hand ones which can be a good saving. I have a few used ones.

Many of the used ones will have been taken out of industrial units, and may be "C" type whereas you need "B" type in a domestic installation, so look out for that, and that they are 30mA sensitivity.

In England and Wales it would be notifiable work to change your CU or circuit characteristics, I do not know the rules in Scotland.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back