I have a Memera 2000 consumer unit but need to upgrade one RCB from 16a to 32a for new shower, how do I remove RCB from unit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Memera 2000 consumer unit but need to upgrade one RCB from 16a to 32a for new shower, how do I remove RCB from unit, it does not seem to want to come out?

Sponsored Links
I have a Memera 2000 consumer unit but need to upgrade one RCB from 16a to 32a for new shower, how do I remove RCB from unit, it does not seem to want to come out?
If a 32A MCB would be adequate, it must be a very low-powered shower. On what basis has the "32A" been decided?

As has been said,it sounds as if you need professional assistance.

Kind Regards, John

recommended 30a in fitting instructions so thought 32a would do, am I wrong?

Sponsored Links
recommended 30a in fitting instructions so thought 32a would do, am I wrong?
What power is the shower?

... and what size cable is the circuit wired in ... and what was previously supplied by the (16A) circuit?

Kind Regards, John

My advice to the OP is to get a spark in and seriously discuss replacing the obsolete consumer unit .................

You need to turn off the main isolator. Remove the CU cover, then use a slotted screwdriver to pull down the tab under the MCB(?) so that you can lift it off the rail.

As per the posts by others- perhaps you should get an electrician to do it for you.

What power is the shower?

... and what size cable is the circuit wired in ... and what was previously supplied by the (16A) circuit?

Kind Regards, John
Its a 6mil cable previous to shed. Shower is 9.5

so that you can lift it off the rail.
It won't "lift" until it is released from the bus bar.

There will be a fire risk if the new MCB is not fitted correctly to the bus bar,

As already advised Get a competent electrician to change the MCB

Its a 6mil cable previous to shed. Shower is 9.5
I think this is a 6mil its thick & was for a long run down garden & put in a while back by brother in law an electrical engineer who now has dementia so cant call on him anymore.

It won't "lift" until it is released from the bus bar.

There will be a fire risk if the new MCB is not fitted correctly to the bus bar,

As already advised Get a competent electrician to change the MCB

Sorry, my bad, yes, I should have said that the bus bar screw needs to be undone as well.

To the OP, you are not supposed to use MCBs designed for different consumer units.

I recently had to replace a MCB for a customer. Their dodgy electrician had used variously branded MCBs and bent the bus bar to accommodate. them. I had to use ebay to source an old but unused MK Sentry MCB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back