mending a hole in an artexed ceiling

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Kitchen ceiling has stupid swirly pattern on it like a Christmas cake.

I have hacked a hole in it where a leaking waste above caused it to bow, and the plasterboard was separating.

I can repair by tacking some new plasterboard on the upper side of the hole, or by cutting out a square section and replacing with new, and plastering flat. i can do the "pimpled" artex suface with sponge in bag, but how to do this stupid pattern so it doesn't show (much)?

View media item 3393

Sponsored Links
Patch like you say but imposible to patch up without noticeing, Patch up the joint with tape and fill, flatten it off and let it set then try and recreate the pattern. Ive seen a similar pattern made with a big sponge in a plastic bag scrunched up and just dab the artex.

Hi,

The pattern is called broken leather. To create the same pattern, you will need to use an Artex Stippler with a black bag around it, dab the artex and try and recreate the pattern, but it will be difficult to try and get it so it will not be seen, although you should get it there abouts!

Hope this helps :D

Sponsored Links
thanks

will have a go when I'm in a better mood

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back