Menvier TS400 problems...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a Menvier TS400 Alarm system. Pretty simple set-up in a 1-bed flat.

There are two hand-push panic switches. One was screwed to a window sill, which I removed and coiled with its cable in a corner of the room and forgot about (the alarm went off while I did this because I had to take apart the switch to take it off the sill, but reset fine when I was done). It's recently been knocked by one of my kids and since then I get a red light on the '5' on the control panel. Any ideas on how to rectify this?

I'd actually like to disconnect this panic switch entirely at the control panel, not sure if that's easy to do, but would appreciate suggestions on how to.

There are a couple of PIR sensors. One of them emits a 'click' every time anyone in the room moves, which is pretty annoying. I'd like to replace it and wondered if this was easy. (If you can recommend which make and model to replace it with that would be useful too.)

I also wonder if I need to change the battery - the system was last serviced in 2014 and installed in 1997.

As you can see, I know next-to-nothing about alarms, but I'm a quick study and think I might be able to do (some of) this if anyone has the time to walk me through it! I do have a manual, but it's pretty complicated for me to work out how to solve my specific problems. There's no note as to what the engineer code is but it's probably still on the 1234 default code.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sponsored Links
not looked at the programming for this so dont know if the zone wiring is selectable or not.

Panic buttons can be normally open or normally closed, if you remove zone 5 from the panel and the panic activates (normally closed), put a link in it and reset, if it doesnt its normally open and you can leave it with nothing in the zone.

Thanks so much. Unfortunately my tech knowledge isn't up to fully understanding or actioning all that. I think I might have to get someone in...

Take photo of wiring of alarm control pcb.This will help with answers to your question.

Sponsored Links
I'm struggling to get anywhere with this. Is there someone in this forum who knows this model and could walk me through it on a video call (FaceTime/WhatsApp etc)? I would be happy to pay for your time...

Thanks - here you go.

Attachments

• IMG_7579.JPG
    IMG_7579.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_7580.JPG
    IMG_7580.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_7581.JPG
    IMG_7581.JPG
    361.3 KB · Views: 283
Zone 5 PA has a red and yellow you will need to remove these and replace with a wire link in zone 5.
You may also need disconnect global tamper from PA circuit if connected. Can not tell if connected from photo.
Try linking out zone 5 first.

Thanks so much - (and forgive me if I'm being dense, but) you mean running a short wire between the terminals where I've taken out the red and yellow on Zone 5, right? Is there any danger I will set the thing off if I do this? (Neighbours getting a bit tetchy...)

And also, are you assuming that zone 5 is where the panic switch is connected?

Thanks again, Handymanjo. Really grateful to you for sticking with me on this. That seemed to do the trick! Once I reset it, the zone 5 light went off...

I thought I'd then be able to remove the panic alarm but as soon as I did, the TAMPER light came on. Do you think there's any way I could disconnect this completely or is that more involved? (Inside the panic alarm there is a black and blue wire - pic attached.)

Also, can you recommend a PIR sensor to replace the one pictured? Mine 'clicks' every time someone moves in the room...

And finally - should I replace the battery? It's probably at least 7 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_7583.JPG
    IMG_7583.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_7582.JPG
    IMG_7582.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 249
Battery should be replaced at least every 5 years, so yes replace it.
The pir may need to be replaced as that model has issues with the lens breaking down.
Pyronix kx quad pir or optex saver or Texecom compact.
The panic button will need the tamper wiring disconnecting in the control panel.
If not confident with that you could just disconnect the panic buttons from the wire and link out using the existing wire. Twist red and yellow together and terminate in choc connector and then twist black and blue together and terminate in choc connector. Not ideal, but easiest way without changing wiring in control panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back