Menvier TS690 alarm system. No external bell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks.

I have breathed life into my Menvier TS690 alarm system. Walk test shows all circuits active and Bell test proves external sounder/strobe active.
However, when I activate the alarm the external strobe flashes but there is nowt from the sounder. I set the sounder delay to 15 seconds and waited 30, not a peep!. I toggled the SAB setting and the external sounder went mental, i had to reenter the engineers menu to reconfigure SAB to No to silence it, so that wasnt the answer.
Anyone come across this problem before?

Sponsored Links
How are you triggering it? As default they are set for internals only on an entry timeout. Try triggering a second detector.

Sponsored Links
What about zone suites? What are the zones set as? What attributes?

If the SCB/SAB setting is incorrect the sounder test would not work.

SAB: TRG terminal switches to 0v on alarm.
SCB: TRG terminal is permenently 0v, removed on alarm.

How are you triggering it? As default they are set for internals only on an entry timeout. Try triggering a second detector.

Triggered two IR detectors. strobe on external bell is happily flashing away, just the sounder isnt doing its job :(

Hmm Confused of DIY land here. If the battery is flat (And it's 7 years old, so it makes ever sense to believe it could be), how comes the bell test is sucsessful?
My intention is to change the external bell box in the near future - once I have the system fully functional, so I'm happy to accept the battery is knackered, but for the bell test.

I just checked the system log and realised that the system is not setting correctly. Cct one seems to be active at all times. This is the IR movement sensor in the hall. On the original circuit record it is in the Part Set B scheme. I'm checking the programming now. :idea:

Panic alarm activation is A OK, thus problem is with the programming. Back to poring over the manuals!. Thanks every one! :D

Hmm Confused of DIY land here. If the battery is flat (And it's 7 years old, so it makes ever sense to believe it could be), how comes the bell test is sucsessful?
The bell test will be sending a signal from the panel to the bell, the battery in the bell is not used in this situation.

Quick glance through this thread, menvier 690 bell delay works in minutes and not seconds.

Have you set the delay to 0 and checked the bell activates?

Quick glance through this thread, menvier 690 bell delay works in minutes and not seconds.

Have you set the delay to 0 and checked the bell activates?

Thanks, yes I did pick up on that one. I think I am at the root of my problem now. The system is definitely not setting correctly. What I was taking as the internal sounder indicating an intruder is in fact the internal sounder trying to tell me that the system is not setting correctly. :rolleyes:

When I replaced the keypad I did run the "Relearn" command which seemed to be successful.
I have run through the circuit test procedure, and all circuits report back as healthy.
I have the exit mode set to "Deferred" and all goes well up until the end of the settling period. (I have set the settling period to 11 seconds). Then the system triggers the internal sounders.

I have reviewed the System Log. This reports "Set Fail"

Thoughts???

PS, The external sounder does activate if I operate one of the panic button call points, so the battery is OK for now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back