Menvier TS690 alarm system. No external bell

Are all the PIR's settling down before setting? If they are older ones and do not settle down (no leds), you may need to alter the settle time to prevent the panel trying to set with a PIR still active.

Sponsored Links
Quick glance through this thread, menvier 690 bell delay works in minutes and not seconds.

Have you set the delay to 0 and checked the bell activates?

Thanks, yes I did pick up on that one. I think I am at the root of my problem now. The system is definitely not setting correctly. What I was taking as the internal sounder indicating an intruder is in fact the internal sounder trying to tell me that the system is not setting correctly. :rolleyes:

When I replaced the keypad I did run the "Relearn" command which seemed to be successful.
I have run through the circuit test procedure, and all circuits report back as healthy.
I have the exit mode set to "Deferred" and all goes well up until the end of the settling period. (I have set the settling period to 11 seconds). Then the system triggers the internal sounders.

I have reviewed the System Log. This reports "Set Fail"

Thoughts???

PS, The external sounder does activate if I operate one of the panic button call points, so the battery is OK for now.

ah well - nothing to do with your scb then.

What is your exit time set for?

Also, do you have the attributes for the zones in the exit/entry route as access with the final zone as final exit?

Sponsored Links
Settle time on the 690 is only for Final Exit or Exit Terminator setting modes.

Yes, but it takes into account the detectors on the exit route with the access attribute.

Settle Time
When setting the system by “Final Exit” or “Exit
Terminator”, detectors that are on the exit
route sometimes take 3-4 seconds to settle
after activation. The delay programmed in
this timer is used to allow these detectors to
settle before the system or area is set. This
timer has a working range of 000-199
seconds.

Thank you everyone for your invaluable support. Fresh pair of eyes (and several cups of tea) this morning and I found my mistake in the exit program. System now working better than before it 'had a rest' :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back