Menvier TS690 Part Set Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Menvier TS690 system installed at home.

Great panel - never had any problems.

Zones are as follows:
1. Front Door
2. Hallway
3. Study
4. Kitchen
5. Family Room
6. Lounge
7. Garage
8. Landing
9. Master Bedroom
10. Panic Buttons

Part Set A is the one we use at night, and it turns off zones 8 and 9

We'd like another part set, so that when we're indoors during the evening, we can arm just the garage on its own before we go to bed and do a Part Set A.

So, to try to programme Part Set B, I've done the following…
1. Typed in the engineer code
2. 'Ent'
3. '8'
4. 'B' (to programme Part Set B)
5. 'Ent'
6. It says 'CCT 1 Omitted'
7. I then press 'A' to scroll to the next zone.
8. It says 'CCT 2 Omitted'
9. I then keep pressing 'A' to scroll through zone 7 as that's the one I'm interested in, making sure that all the other zones are omitted.

Unfortunately when I get to Zone 6, instead of going to zone 7, it goes straight to Zone 9, totally missing Zone 7 and 8.

I then thought perhaps the Zones 7 and 8 are set up differently - so I went to check their settings, but they seem to be set up exactly the same as the others - ie, they haven't got anything special assigned to them, and they've got a complete string of '*'s against their settings.

Has anyone got any ideas why I can't set up this Part Set as I need to?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It's years since I've seen one of those. Is it something to do with those zones being able to be set up as 'panic alarm'? The panel won't allow you to omit such a zone?

No, I can confirm those zones aren't set up as panic alarms.

The zones look as though they're configured correctly, but as I say, when I try to configure the Part Set B, the two zones I need to get to are missing!

i presume you are reading the manual? look at page 42 (I have the 690 id manual) "only the circuit types "night" " "Final exit" and "Exit terminator" can be assigned as omited. So i am guessing you have ccts 7 & 8 programmed as something else since it wont allow you to do anything with them

Sponsored Links
i"only the circuit types "night" " "Final exit" and "Exit terminator" can be assigned as omited

Yes, most strange. I saw that and double checked that they are set up as 'Night' zones.

Although I can assign a name to them and programme the type of zone and its attributes, when it comes to programming them for omission, the system just completely ignores them!

I'm assuming this is 'your' system, installed by yourself so it is audible only.

Suggestion, set the system and leave the house, when it has fully set, open the garage (zone 7) the first one you are having a problem with, it should go into full alarm condition instantly, if it does not, I would suggest it has been programmed as 'not used' and you are not seeing it.

Zone 8, you have not got there yet so could this be the same?

Ok, I know you have been using the system and everything seemed alright but when have you fully tested each zone in the way I've suggested with the garage, I bet you haven't?

Give it a go and post back, let's see if we can fix this

Yes - it's my system - although not installed by me, it was installed by a professional company by the previous owner of our house.

Yes - audible only - ie, it doesn't dial up to Red Care or anything like that.

Good idea about testing the garage. I'm going to try that tonight and will report back this evening.

Thanks so much for your help

OK, the plot thickens...

I did a full set on the alarm, then went into the garage, and activated the PIR (zone 7), and nothing happened.

I then tried it again - full set of the alarm, then activated the PIR on the landing (zone:cool:. Again nothing happened.

I then went into the master bedroom and the full alarm went off, so that part of the alarm's working.

Any ideas?

Ah ha, I think it's as I was getting at, zones 7 & 8 are programmed as 'Not used', and always have been -
Circuit type, '0' Not Used, both should be Circuit type, '1' Night,

Have a look at zone 6, the Circuit type should be '1'

Again if I'm right change 7 & 8 as necessary.

Then prog. the Part Sets as required

Fingers crossed

No, no, no!

I already check that.

In fact, I've just been back and checked again.

I also checked both zones either side of the problem ones.

Zones 6, 7, 8 and 9 are both set as Type 1 (night) and they have no attributes (ie Access, test, omit etc etc are all turned off).

Even though 7 and 8 are both set to Night, they don't appear in the list of zones available for part set programming.

Would a large hammer help me at this stage? :D

but they cant be night if nohing happened, uless they are "on test"

Ok, before we get the hammer out, have you done a full walk test?

If not make sure you do it from the User Menu, not the Engineer Menu, do all circuits sound off?

Pity there is no PM system here, I'm also from Kent

Yes, I can confirm - they are definitely on night setting.

I have just done a walk test via the user menu (rather than the engineer's).

The two zones in question don't come on via a walk test.

Graham
Orpington

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back