Menvier TS690 Part Set Problem

A Ts 690 is a 6 zone panel, zones 7-8 and 9-10 are either took from a lec or rkp (remote key pad) my guess is it is not seeing them zones as the lec and keypad have not been addressed properly or maybe a relearn is needed check behind rkp and lec and make sure they have different addresses.

Sponsored Links
OK - I think I'm getting somewhere now, and I'm sure it's an easy fix, although I'm not sure how to do it.

That last post got me thinking…

Basically my system consists of the main panel, three remote keypads, and a zone expander box (which is marked 7 + 8 ) - these are the two zones that are missing!

A while ago, we had an extra couple of remote keypads fitted, by a local firm (not the company that installed the system in the first place).

I've checked the IDs in the keypads, and they're IDs 2, 3 and 4. I've also checked the ID in the zone expander box and that is ID 1. So no conflicts t here.

This is the bit that I'm not sure about…

I think the problem's something to do with Panel Outputs, so

I've entered the engineer code xxxx
Gone into Panel Outputs and this is what I've got…
Output 1 = Type 004
Output 2 = Type 012
Output 3 = Type 002

Output 5 = 009
Output 6 = 009
Output 7 = 009
Output 8 = 009

I'm sure something's wrong here, but I can't work out what.

Anyone got any ideas?

its nothing to do with the out puts.

The outputs are for signalling, bells etc.

I dont have my manual to hand, but now you say you have 3 rkps i bet its to do with that, i am wondering if is too many to recognise them all

How many zones are there in the (zone expansion box) and is that called a lec or a node? and breezer is right nothing to do with outputs

Sponsored Links
There are two zones in this expander box, and the expander is a TS700 LEC.

The two cables going into the expander clearly say zone 7 and zone 8, and are additionally marked garage and landing. So this must be where the problem lies, bearing in mind they're not showing up on the system!

My manual says the system can take

4 Keypads and 0 Expanders
3 Keypads and 1 Expanders
2 Keypads and 2 Expanders
1 Keypads and 3 Expanders

Go to engineers menu 1 and press c to relearn hardware hopefully an exceptance tone will be heard and it should see them zones if not maybe a wiring fault, hard to diagnose fault without going through all the programing or being there.

I went to the Engineers Menu and tried to do a hardware relearn, but it won't let me do one. It obviously assumes everything is OK.

Is it time to get the hammer out yet?

Sounds like the lec is faulty but before you change it make sure it is wired correctly disconnect power A or B leave off for a few seconds then put back in terminals (be careful not to short) and do a relearn check that pirs are wired correctly as there are many things this fault could be.
If i was there i would take off a keypad wire it in place where lec is, address it 1 connect zones and see if panel sees them if it does faulty lec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back