Menvier TS700 Battery Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been recently installing a new kitchen and in order to change the current electrics i have had to isolate the downstairs Ring. This has caused my menvier ts700 touchpad to indicate batt fault, re-energising the supply has not cleared this. me and my partner have disconnected the sounder within the PSU due to the noise it was making. i have had to come away from the property this evening now and have left it isolated with battery disconnected. does anyone know how i can clear this?
Thanks Lee

Sponsored Links
Fit a new battery, as always with this question.
7ah 12vdc

Not your fault either if your the trades person and it happened because you cut the power for a while.

So as the Light Brigade said "CHARGE"

reconnect the sounder too, I assume you wrote down where you took the wires out or photographed it.

Or you will be liable for the repair of that :!:

i am aware of where i disconnected the sounder from and yes i am a sparx, y would the battery need replacing when the system was running fine before i isolated it. obviously the battery has run down but when it is plugged in it still says batt fault?

Sponsored Links
Because the battery had run down and the panel will not recover it.
Do you have a proper battery tester, not a combi or multi meter? It will show the cells are discharged and that is why.
The panel locks out any battery not able to hold a voltage of 10.5vdc or lower.

After that it is in deep discharge and will not recover, most probable cause is being over 5 years old.

A visual inspection of the battery might show distorted cells or warm to the touch. Common indications without ( but not always) a discharge tester.

Either way it needs renewing.

LID Tamper or LT could have been a panel lid tamper ( You said you opened it) or a SAB tamper, which could also be where you removed a speaker leg.

Thats great! the property is mine so its not an issue.
Are u aware of a new system i could install comapatable with all existing wiring and just replacing the bell, touchpad and PSU?

Cooper M550, a direct replacement for the TS700.
Cooper Scantronic 9751
Texecom Veritas

Depends on your budget.
Any decent PIR but you may have to decorate around them unless you get a slightly larger one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back