Texecom alarm battery fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
I currently have a Texecom wireless premier elite 64 fitted.

Last night I had the pleasure of waking up at 2.11am to my alarm sounding off causing somewhat of a panic in the family. Had a look and it had a battery fault on an internal sounder, zone 16. Managed to turn the alarm off but then every hour at 11 minutes past 3.11, 4.11, 5.11am etc the panel would start to ring off but thankfully not the rest of the sounders but presumably this is because I didn’t rearm in fear of being deafened once again.

I replaced with 8 x AA lithium batteries from Amazon in the morning and this seemed to fix the problem as the panel didn’t make a peep.

However, I’m not writing this at 3.56am after being woken up again by a full arm triggering at 02.30am. This time it had a zone 12 tamper which strangely is a door contact at the rear of my house, I checked and there was nothing obviously wrong. Also the battery fault from the night before was still showing on zone 12. The alarm triggered on the panel an hour later again at 3.30am.

Any ideas why I’m still getting a battery fault on the internal sounder after replacing the batteries? Also, random tamper fault on a door contact? Note the tamper disappeared straight away on reset and hasn’t yet reappeared.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
how long has it been since batteries were replaced?
Prob a couple years in the contact, I’ve replaced batteries in the sounder and the door contact after reading that tampers could be induced by low batteries. Hoping this evening I’m free from triggers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back