Texecom premier elite 12-w tamper fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a texecom premier elite 12-w alarm system installed in my home music studio which is located 30 m from my house at the end of my garden.
I am an electrician of 25 years and installed the system myself some 4-5 years ago.
I have had no issues with the system until now.
On the only entry and exit door I have an impact contact w , a few days ago a battery fault message appeared for zone 10 which is the door contact.
I changed the battery and in the process set the tamper alarm for the zone off whilst removing the contact cover.
I can now not arm the alarm system at all , the keypad displays tamper alarm for the zone and supervision fault and to contact alarm company.
I have read through the manual but can't find an answer to the problem.
Any ideas how I can clear this fault so I can rearm the system.
I have some expensive equipment inside the studio that I would like to keep protected,I would be grateful for any advice.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
did the unit light up when you replaced the battery?

supervsiosn sounds like it isn't seeing the device, so if battery has been replaced properly.

I would look at doing the mesh again by placing in comissing mode and look at ricochet monitor via wintex.

Thanks for the quick reply.
The battery seems to be fitted correctly the contact lit up green then flashed red then off.
I had a rf fault on the panel for a few minutes and it does look as though the device is lost.
I don't have wintex or any other way of analysing the system other than through the keypad.
Not sure how to put back in commission mode and set up mesh network again.
Can this be done from the controller ?
I will have to have a look through the manuals.

in that case, enter engineers code, take lid off panel, move jumper to commissioning mode, wait 30 minutes take the jumper back, put the lid on and exit engineering.

note:- should only need 15 minutes, but best to leave it if you cant monitor its progress.

at that point you should be able to log back into engineering, engineer utilities, richochet diagnostics, to the device in question and press chime, if its working it should show the route and signal back to the expander.

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much I will try this tomorrow and report back , hopefully this will sort it.

Thanks again

Hi
Tried twice today followed the instructions and no joy. Contact still showing the same faults.
Went into diagnostics and read as follows:
Zone 010 Cntct
->Xp
54>>xp
0_ _ _
> 1hr since msg

Does this mean I will have to try and relearn the device again by removing from it's position and putting it next to the controller.?

Any ideas?

Hi
Tried twice today followed the instructions and no joy. Contact still showing the same faults.
Went into diagnostics and read as follows:
Zone 010 Cntct
->Xp
54>>xp
0_ _ _
> 1hr since msg

Does this mean I will have to try and relearn the device again by removing from it's position and putting it next to the controller.?

Any ideas?

All sorted now.
Had to delete device and relearn it to the system.
Thanks for all your help secureiam much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back