Menvier TS700 Tamper reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have just installed a new curtain pole above my patio doors and as I was drilling the alarm (which wasn't set at the time) started to report a tamper (04-t)

I can't work out how to reset it, whatever I do the same fault code is displayed on the control panel.

Have I drilled through the wire, I think this is a smashed window circuit as its a rectanguar box with green light on it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Certainly sounds like you have damaged the wire, open circuiting the tamper circuit.

You will need to repair the damaged cable, and isolate this circuit from the system inside the control panel.

If you are not familiar with alarms, I would suggest getting an alarm engineer in, or a spark who deals with alarms.

I'm sorry it does sound like it.

I would suggest, unless you are very competent with the workings of this control panel and alarm systems in general it's time to get in an alarm engineer.

It MIGHT be an easy problem to resolve if it is JUST the tamper circuit that has been damaged, individual tamper circuits at this control panel may be isolated manually within the panel - but that will not address the damaged cable, leaving further problems for the future.

We're back to an engineer I'm afraid.

Ok thanks for the advice, an engineer it is then.

Just typical though over xmas, get my sister to make the curtains to try and save a few quid and I'm going to end up blowing it on an expensive engineer :(

Hope the home insurance covers it!

Sponsored Links
Do you really need this sensor? Are there other sensors covering this area?

If so, I am sure we could talk you through removing this circuit from the system at the panel.

If so, I am sure we could talk you through removing this circuit from the system at the panel.
Ah, but, that all comes down to whether the alarm is an insurance requirement or maintained by a company already - any form of interference by the owner is a no no, unless it is a DiY, then he knows how to repair it anyway

I would be intrested to try this if it isn't overly complicated. The alarm was installed by the previous owners and there is a pir covering the room anyway so isolating this one now problem area would be a satisfactory solution as far as I'm concerned.

I think alarm circuit is damaged and it should be corrected and exchanged by that company and before it check out the wiring connection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back