merlin boiler lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
I have a problem with a merlin oil boiler with a Sterling 50 burner it will run for days then lock out on restart, checked oil, oil pressure ,nozzle,controlbox,oilpump. will start each time after checking , run for a few days then lockout, any ideas

Sponsored Links
A Merlin boiler in Argyll?? You must of bought that yourself?? Did you also fit it yourself & has it ever been commissioned by someone that knows what they are doing??

Hi Dick
boufght the boiler second hand Hasd been in holiday home hardly used spoke to the plumber who fitted it when new , said it was a good buy. fitted the boiler myself and had plumber come and commision, only deals with oil no gas where we are. had probs at first then worked fine after new control box fitted, since then started playing up.Cheers

.............has it ever been commissioned by someone that knows what they are doing??

Sponsored Links
Dick I can only presume the guy knows his stuff, I,m a builder myself and have used him to install systems in new builds , Most people in the area regard him as ok, he doe's have all the equipment but being the only plumber local Don't mean his the best, however if you think it is likely that he's not up to it i'll try someone else.

It could be the ignition unit or photocell is a lesser possibility. It may still be the pump despite having checked it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back