Merlin Gerin Multi9 MCB compatibility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seems there are various slightly different MCBs made my MG under the Multi9 label, with designators such as C45N, C60HB, etc.

I have a board with C45N MCBs fitted and I need to source a new MCB. Are the other types compatible? They look broadly the same from what I can see in various eBay listings.

Sponsored Links
You should keep to type tested breakers for the board!
And I would not recommend purchasing protective devices from ebay (unless the ebay shop/seller is highly reputable)

Yes, but don't buy them from ebay, there's a lot of fakes about. Most electrical wholesalers will have them in stock or be able to get them quickly.

And don't, under any circumstances, even consider buying anything labelled "compatible"!

Sponsored Links
Can confirm they are the same shape and do fit , however C45 were type 2, 3 etc, and also a lower breaing capacity i recall
whereas C60 are type B,C etc, early C60 were branded M/G and orange the same as C45, but had a wider dolly switch, they then became green and branded schneider.

Most outlets have stopped selling any of the above ones.

The NEW scneider also fit but are white and a different profile and look a bit naff when next to older versions

The second range of MK sentry are also the same mould exactly as C60 range just branded as MK

I think the new Schneider MCBs/RCBOs look naff full stop.

Even next to the Schneider branded newish stuff they look gash. I guess a board of just them wouldn't look too bad, but ugh, disgusting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back