Message from HP won't go away!

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I receive this message every day on my HP laptop (which is still under extended warranty) - please see picture. I restart the computer as requested, which then opens as usual, but the next day the same message is back. I have done this for several days with the same outcome. Apart from this, the computer works correctly. I have attempted to contact HP for advice, but receive the automated message that they are unavailable and to try again later!
I have decided to ignore the message in future, but does anyone have any suggestions for anything else I can do?

Attachments

• Restart required.jpg
    Restart required.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
Try entering bios on startup (hold F8 usually) and see if there are any warning messages there

Try entering bios on startup (hold F8 usually) and see if there are any warning messages there
Thanks. I tried holding f8 and also Fn + f8 without any result. I'm afraid I don't know how else to enter BIOS.

Sponsored Links
For HP, googling "HP bios" reveals f10
Thanks again for your help. I googled this and found:
"Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens. Press f10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility"
which I did but no Startup Menu.

Sometimes holding f10 from start up is required
Thanks for your help.
To be honest, I had forgotten about this thread because the message I have been receiving seems to have gone away now. Nevertheless, I'll try the f10 on startup next time to see what happens.

Thanks for your help.
To be honest, I had forgotten about this thread because the message I have been receiving seems to have gone away now. Nevertheless, I'll try the f10 on startup next time to see what happens.
Or F1

Sponsored Links
Back