bouncing emails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, wonder if you can help me with an email prob please.

the wife tried to email me today but got this message back

'the message reached the recipients email system, but delivery was refused,attempt to resend the message,if it still fails,contact you system administrator.
<mailfilter2.fastnet.uk#5.2.0 smpt; 550 error; message content rejected <c09c5ecd0265eba5934c4fd299c4a073>>

i have also got 'you email address is bouncing' from a yahoo site i go on.

I did have a lot of emails arrive the other day that had been sent some time ago, and on another occaision, an email arrived several times.

i use outlook express with XP.

any help you can give me , greatfully received.

cheers
Chris

Sponsored Links
i have mcafee,with a spam killer, but this still lets all sorts of crap through,

and on the yahoo
site i go on, it tells me my email address is bouncing,

kettle said:
message content rejected

I agree with Breezer and think that the above means that you have words included in the body text which are on a blacklist. The spam software being employed by the recipients mail system then rejects the delivery.

edit: Just to clarify - This software is not necessarily installed on your own PC, more likely it is on the providers mail server.

I do think that bouncing 'spam' emails back to the sender is a pointless exercise because it implies that the recipients email address exists (a spam company would think 'send more, much more, we have a live email'), and it does not take account for possible spoofing of the senders email address.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replies.

i emailed orange and they said the same. something in the message.

chris

Back