Receiving same emails over and over again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since yesterday I am constantly receiving the same emails all of the time. I can't seem to stop them. I've done an antivirus check with AVG and Spybot. I've cleaned my registry with Tune-Up Utilities but still they keep coming. I've been in to Tools>Accounts>Mail>Properties>Advanced - Delivery 'leave a copy of messages on server' and made sure it is unchecked.
I'm running Outlook Express ver 6, and XP Home Edition.

On my server's website (Freedom 2 Surf) it only shows my current emails.
I am at a loss as to know what to do next.

Any help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
When I Send/Receive for e-mails, if the connection is broken for any reason, I get the same messages sent down.

Have you had trouble with the connection?

Sponsored Links
When I Send/Receive for e-mails, if the connection is broken for any reason, I get the same messages sent down.

Have you had trouble with the connection?

No its definitely not the connection.
I followed the link on the previous post, which led me to believe there was a problem with ' Pop3uidl.dbx'
So I Googled it did a search on my computer and located it. It was then suggested I changed the name. Which I did. But that didn't solve the problem.
Since then I've deleted Outlook Express and am now using Mozilla Thunderbird.

I'm not now getting the emails coming back to me but when I press the 'Get Emails' button (Send/Receive on OE) it says its downloading 1/2 emails but keeps timing out.

I've been on to my server and there are no emails on my server. They are as puzzled as I am so they are now going to look further into it and let me know.

Back