not getting emails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. i dont think my emails are getting to me. i normally get several a day, some spam and some proper ones. the last one i got was on tues. i am on orange broadband and outlook express. mcafee virus checker. i have run spybot and adaware and a mcafee scan, with no difference

my computer is set to make a noise when i get an email, then i click on send/receive and the email downloads. i have heard the noise a couple of times but no email. it says no new mail after clicking on the send/ r button.

is it possible to check my emails on another computer, my sons comp is wireless from the router that this comp runs from.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

just checked, i can send emails, just not getting them back in oe. i can get them on the orange home page email bit.

Sponsored Links
send one to yourself, sounds like ther are being treated as spam and being deleted

just sent one to my self, got it on the orange email but not OE

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

who deletes them? is it a setting on my pc or ISP?

Sponsored Links
I did something the other day. bear with me.

I reformatted my PC. Forgot how to configure OE to use the orange email account. My address is @freeserve.co.uk

Last time i configured it, i put in the SMTP and POP3 bits as @freeserve. On the orange website, it said to put it in as @orange. Even for ex-freeserve custs.

Now I did this, and lo and behold, I then receieved 3 years worth of emails from freeserve, wanadoo and orange! :eek: I dont know why this happened, because I was recieving and sending emails from and to other people before. Just not Orange/fs/wd.

The emails were all things like "sorry you're leaving freeserve hometime" and "welcome to freeserve broadband", "glad your upgrading your wanadoo connection" etc lol. I wondered before, why I never recieved these emails they said they'd send for upgrades etc. I still dont know why i didnt recieve them before.

Doc Lenny said:
Do you have a orange email address or do you use orange as an exsisting wanadoo or freeserve customer?

i use orange as an existing customer, started with freeserve, then wanadoo now orange. could probably get it cheaper but loathe to change as it (normally )works :(

my email is an @freeserve one

Crafty said:
Now I did this, and lo and behold, I then receieved 3 years worth of emails from freeserve, wanadoo and orange!

so you received 3 emails, whoopee :LOL:

Back