BT Yahoo email problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Telephone landline has been with TalkTalk for several years but, until recently, my broadband connection was BT Total Broadband which also provided free email. I recently changed my Broadband provider to TalkTalk.

I now find that I can still receive emails from my xxxxatbtinternet.com using Outlook, but I cannot send emails using Outlook. The pop-up says that it does not recognize my username and password.

The strange thing is that I can logon to my email account using Internet explorer and BT Yahoo and send and receive emails that way: i.e. web-mail.

One thing I have noticed is that my BT Yahoo account is now described as a "pay as you go account" and it mentions the need for caller display.

I have spoken to several so-called "customer services" people at BT but none of them could tell me what was wrong.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
BT Wont let you use their SMTP servers if you are not connected via a BT PAth (i.e. BT broadband or dialup).

You will need to change your outgoing mail server (SMTP server) in Outlook to the talk talk one.

You should be able to find details of this in talk talks help

Matt

BT Wont let you use their SMTP servers if you are not connected via a BT PAth (i.e. BT broadband or dialup).

You will need to change your outgoing mail server (SMTP server) in Outlook to the talk talk one.

You should be able to find details of this in talk talks help

Matt

Thanks for the info; it makes sense. I wonder why BT staff were unable to tell me? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back