Duplicate emails with Outlook Express

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Outlook express has started to download each email I receive 4 times. I have 4 addresses on my Freeserve account, and if I look at the emails via the freeserve web page, there is only 1 copy of each on there.

Don't know if this makes any difference, but it seems to have started since I updated my McAfee Spam killer.

Any ideas? Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
From what you have said, you must be using the same POP and SMTP server for all your email addresses. It's possible that the filtering is causing a slight delay in the send/receive process and that the second email is being pulled before the first is deleted from the server.

Just did the bl**ding obvious and turned off spam killer but with no success.

The 4 email acccounts are all [email protected] (4 different names, same surname!) and are filtered into 4 files in the inbox (so we all get our own mail).

When we send/receive, each name logs on and downloads all the emails, therefore each email is received 4 times.

This is probably as clear as mud, but I hope it helps. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Try this

Go to Tools, Options

Then on the general tab, if there is a tick in the box "When starting go to my index folder" remove the tick. That solved the same problem for me.

Solved it!! :D

Went Tools/Accounts and opened each account up. Under the general tab there is a check box "include account when receiving mail or syncronizing". I unchecked this in all bar 1 account and now it works fine!!:cool:

Happy Days!! ;)

Hi , I have been having same problem sometimes up to 4 emails of the same one , mainly 2 to 3 , but I have just done what you recommended and it hasnt stopped mine at all . I dont really want to rid my inbox I know you can by deleting or renaming your folder, but i dont want to do that. Any more ideas please?

Back