Where are my emails kept?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its that guy with the ME explorer problem and without sounding stupid, i`d like to view my emails that are in my Outlook Express inbox that is installed on ME and I want to view them in Outlook Express in XP but I ain`t got a clue if or how this could be done. Are emails stored on my harddrive or within OE itself?

Keep it simple and non-technical!

Sponsored Links
The files you are looking for will have .dbx extensions. Under 98 (and I think ME), the default location is C:\Windows\Application data\Identities.

(could also be C:\windows\local settings\application data\identities)

Under this folder will be an identity for each user, and the dbx files will reside in one of the sub folders.

Are you describing a dual boot machine or are you trying to port the files to another machine?

mine are stored in my f drive (as opposed to the c drive) reaason being, format c, hey presto no email, change store location back to f , hey presto emails back again

to change it

tools>options>maintenance>storefolder

storefolder being created first (eg create a folder in drive"?" call it email) then telling o.e that is where you want the email stored

Yes Igorian its a dual boot machine with ME on one drive and XP on the other .

Sponsored Links
Are you only wanting to see emails under XP (ie transfer from ME to XP) or are you expecting to use both ME and XP to receive emails?

Back