Metal base plates for wooden furniture legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

Not sure of the correct name, does anyone know where I can buy four metal plates that would fix to a garden bench to protect the legs from dampness and water?

The size of the metal plate would be no more than 30mm square, flat on one side and fixings on the other. This would raise the legs slightly keeping the bench stable.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just thinking out loud here....... How about putting a large diameter short coach screw in the end of each leg, so the bench stands on the screw heads,lifting the wood clear of the ground by the thickness of the screw head. Then you could unscrew one a tad to take up any 'wobble' if the bench is stood on a hard surface.

Thanks TicklyT that would have been a good idea, especially if the coach screw head were large enough to balance the bench over the four legs. However, I managed to source (this weekend) the product I was after.

They look like bottle tops, which hammer into the legs. Inch diameter. Thinking about it now I could of saved myself a few quid and used actual bottle tops and had a few drinks on Saturday afternoon!

Cheers for the suggestion though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back