Metal edging for bedroom sliding doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of designing a wardobe with sliding doors for the bedroom. I'm trying to think of nice ways to finish the edges of the sliding doors, which are likely to be made of MDF, and I was thinking of some form of mitred metal frame made from 'L' shaped steel strips. But there are two pressing issues with this:

1. I dont know where to buy the raw metal strips in the lengths I'd require, at least 2.4m, b&q only seems to do maximum of 2m and I dont want joins in the lengths.

2, I've always been pretty unsuccessful in cutting accurate mitre joints in wood, and there will be 12 metal ones in this project. Is there an easy, neat and relatively fast way of cutting metal strips into mitred edges? Normally when I've been cutting metal strips in blinds etc, it's been a very labourious task.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Save yourself a lot of hassle and fit ready made doors.Steel trimmed mdf will look real naff [in my opinion].

Doable, but time consuming. Think about using aluminium angle and get it anodised after it's all been cut.

I'll try and find a better picture later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back