Metal electrical mounting box

DB

You bother with 2 5? Is it worth it? I'm not sneering, just interested to see if it is worth bothering with more than 3 sizes of cpc.

Yes, there is a regulation to use grommets - to protect the cable from chafing, which, if you ride a push bike any distance you will know all about!

Sponsored Links
There is actualy no reg forcing the use of grommets :(

As long as the cable is protected against damage!!

I will try to post up an article on this, makes scary reading, but no, grommets are not mentioned in the regs.

BUT YOU WOULD BE A FOOL NOT TO USE THEM.

No, grommets aren't mentioned by name, but protection against damage is, and grommets are the easiest way to fulfill this requirement.

I have seen people p*ss about with strips of sheathing etc, but when all's said & done, what's a grommet worth? Just over 1p each.....

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
You bother with 2 5? Is it worth it? I'm not sneering, just interested to see if it is worth bothering with more than 3 sizes of cpc.

I generally wire up garage circuits with singles in conduit, so I use the same size cpc as the live conductors. It then comes in equally handy for ko box earth straps. I always have reels of 2.5, 4, 6, 10 and 16 sq mm single yellow/green.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back