Metal Paint - Alternative To Hammerite ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Are there any good quality alternatives to Hammerite for a metal paint to be applied to a galvanised soil pipe.

The pipe has had the rust removed and given 2 coats of Hammerite special metal primer and is ready for the top coat(s). I had originally thought of using Hammerite Smooth Black metal paint (gloss finish) as the final coat however I wished to know if there are any decent matt finish alternatives with reasonable colour choice before proceeding.

The special metal primer is a slightly dark red colour (matt finish) and it looks quite good contrasted against the painted rendered wall. There is not much colour scope in the Hammerite range and if I could find a matt finish top coat in a red or similar colour then I think that I would prefer that.

The main criteria for the paint is durability to last a decent number of years without the need to be repainted every few years, after that then colour choice comes in.

Any suggestions most appreciated.

Rgds
Jack

Sponsored Links
Don't forget red is one of those colours which can fade quickly, a matt finish would probably fade even quicker.

If you have used appropriate primer for the galv and the rust you can use virtually any paint suitable for metal/wood.

Consider painting the pipe the same colour as any existing down pipes you may have so they match.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back