Metal roof - lancashire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
My house roof need replacing. Im looking for the roofers with metal roofs in the offer.
Any contacts, expirence or opinions?

Martin

Sponsored Links
I can give you a quote to supply and install zinc, copper or stainless steel if that's what you're looking for?

Yes please.
The roof is 4x10 at front and 4x10 meters at the back. Semi.
Im looking for tile effect steel sheet metal. Complete reroof incl scafold skip etc...

Martin

Sponsored Links
I don't want to put you off but going for stainless steel, tile option is very expensive. A rough estimate would be around £25000.00 .
There are much more cost effective options, zinc long strip would be cheaper and last just as long.

Nobody wants a noisy metal roof. Just use traditional tiles. Sooner or later you will sell your house and that's what you buyer will want, a traditional tiled roof. It's a no-brainer.

Have to agree with Joe on this one. Noise and condensation problems aside, if the system is so good why don't more people have it?
At the end of the day the client can have whatever they want but I'd want at least £15k to do it.
Save yourself £10k and have it traditionally tiled. :mrgreen:

Nobody wants a noisy metal roof. Just use traditional tiles. Sooner or later you will sell your house and that's what you buyer will want, a traditional tiled roof. It's a no-brainer.
Some houses were designed for metal roofs (especially post war) and would need considerable structural work in order to be able to support the additional weight of traditional tiles.

well.... just found steelroofsheets.co.uk

Online quote selecting all options incl. delivery, gutters, tools etc... £2200 incl vat. Plastisol finish, zing galvanized, life span 30+, fade resistant.

I saw those roofs in Norway or Germany. Job 3 max 4 days. No noise in the rain. It's not a empty metal shed.

I have quotes with cheap marley concrete tiles, full re- roof in gutters soffit etc.. £4500. At these prices i have £2300 left for the labor, scafoid and skip.

The biggest problem is lack of qualified professional who knows what he says.

I use steel sheets on a regular basis for workshops and sheds, nobody as ever asked me to put them on there house roof.

The biggest problem is lack of qualified professional who knows what he says.

Your problems will begin when you sell. Save a grand today and lose ten when you sell. No brainer.

Nobody wants a tin roof. I certainly wouldn't buy a house with a tin roof unless I had a discount big enough to remove it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back