Metallic Emulsion Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had problems with metallic emulsion paint from a well known manufacturer. When I complained I was assured that they had
recieved no previous complaints about the paint.
The problems are coverage - after 3 coats I can still see lighter shades where I pollyfillered holes in the walls previous to applying the paint, and more worryingly I cannot prevent roller marks on the finish coat, I also have picture framing around the outside of the walls. I employed a jobbing decorator to try achieve a better finish but he experienced the same problems.
I don't really require any advice on the solutions to my problems as I have already decided to overpaint the walls with a normal emulsion.
The reason for this mail is to see if any other posters have experienced the same problems with metallic emulsions. :evil:

Sponsored Links
ive used it once years ago, and il never touch it again, same problems as you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back