Metel Fence Post Anchor Type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm putting up a 6' high fence and plan to use a metal spike in postcrete to anchor the post. There are two types I have seen - one with bolts to clamp around the post or the second that wedges against the post when hit in. Does anyone know the advantages and disadvantages between these two types of metal spikes?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You don't really need them. You can just concrete the post straight in, will save you about £4 - £6 per post.

Use 4" posts if you haven't bought them yet.

there are no advantages. they are a piece of tin crap that will not hold the post firmly. save your money and concrete the post straight into the ground

Sponsored Links
I can tell you that the ones which use a bolt to tighten round the post are no use whatever. Unless the post is a very tight fit all you get is a sort of tight ring round it 150mm from the bottom and it wobbles around good style. The original MetPosts (which have the metal wedges) work best but still not as steady as the traditional hole and concrete method.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back