Mice in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently noticed droppings in our garage so went ahead and got a couple of rat traps (we thought they were rats, turns out there were mice). Since getting the traps we've been catching between 2-4 mice per night for the last few days and so far we've caught a total of 17 mice.

I've been letting them go on a grassy area not too far from our house without other houses between that location and our house in the hope that they won't may there way back to our garage. However, the amount we're catching I'm starting to think that they're making their way back... is that possible?

I've ordered some devices from Amazon that you plug into a socket which is supposed to give off a high pitched noise and scare them off, whether it'll work I don't know.

We're starting to get concerned with the amount we've caught and I'm just looking for any tips or advice?

We live on an ex council estate, we do have fields nearby (they're field mice by the look of it), but we're not out in the sticks. We lived here 11 year and never had a problem with mice, so we're struggling to understand why now.

Sponsored Links
Put a blob of tippex on them to see if it’s the same ones returning.

I did it with some 'homing snails' that I kept chucking over our back wall. Quite a few returners!

Sponsored Links
Good one. I was going to spray paint them, but tipex might be easier to apply.
na, i’d spray them pink or yellow or green or blue, maybe metallic then laquer them and put go fast stripes on.:LOL::LOL:
soz just a weird bloke.

If they are brown with a white front they will be field mice looking for somewhere over winter. Block up every gap, including small ones around door edges and underneath. Make sure their are no food supplies around, this includes things like seeds or bulbs, even in cardboard boxes. If you have stuff like this put them into sealable plastic boxes. Remove anything they can use for bedding, such as papers, straw, clothing, blankets etc

Chances are, by the amount you have been catching, you either have a colony near by or they are the same ones returning. It could be a colony near by because mice are prolific breeders with babies able to start breeding between 4-7 weeks. An average of 6-8 babies each time and you get an idea how quick they can multiply.

Sponsored Links
Back