MICE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP MICE IN THE bungalow.
Do the audible contraptions on the market work?
I've got two humane traps and have caught six of the buggers.
Call me a big Jessie but I won't use poison, also I have a dog and am worried he'd eat some as he's a scrounger.

If the infestation is high I've been told that by law I have to notify the local authority, if so I'd have to face up to the poison use but controlled by the exterminator they recommend which costs no doubt.
My daughters partner laughed when I told him I'd caught six, he said when you dumped them over the 5 foot church wall next door hoping they'll end up church mice, they probably scaled the wall and got back indoors before I did. He also recons the six are two caught 3 times so I'm going around in circles.
There were seven mistakes shown by spell check, then were not all perfect.

Sponsored Links
use the ones they have in tom and gerry, it kills them, its the only way ( if it heelps i got one 2 weeks ago

Sorry to be nasty but mice ( the wild ones that run free in the house ) are vermin and simple moving them else where is not sensible. They need to be killed and disposed off.

Either they die slowly of starvation ( some house mice cannot forage in the wild ) or they move into another house and breed there.

( Unless you take them and leave them at the mother in law's house but that probably in-hume treatment for the mice.).

Mice are nice, its rats that need controling(and humans) I use a trap that catches them live and then I take them away and let them go into a field, I tried a couple but this one was the best and the best bait is peanut butter.
bd_1_b.JPG

Sponsored Links
Smooth the peanut butter - in case they are nibbling but not tripping !!

if you release them outside you need to take them at least 3 miles from your house otherwise they'll find their way 'home'.

depends on how you look at it....I have 3 cats and mice. We all live together in harmony. I have tried the humane traps and caught 12 in one weekend.....but they either have a very large family or they are marathon runners...because it never seemed to dwindle the numbers. From time to time, I see the odd dead one with no marks on it....with a cat nearby, who keeps quiet about the whole thing. So......as long as they keep hidden and I dont feel stress about it, I dont worry about it. ;)

We have mice / rats around our shop - at the back is a small wooded area. We had small gauge wire mesh fixed to all the fences, about 4 large bait boxes down the back of the shop, and several by the bin and delivery area, and a couple in the warm fridge compressor area.

Then one of the staff finds a frog in the kitchen, and everything goes t*ts up! :LOL:

HELP MICE IN THE bungalow.
Do the audible contraptions on the market work?
I've got two humane traps and have caught six of the b*****r.
Call me a big Jessie but I won't use poison, also I have a dog and am worried he'd eat some as he's a scrounger.

If the infestation is high I've been told that by law I have to notify the local authority, if so I'd have to face up to the poison use but controlled by the exterminator they recommend which costs no doubt.
My daughters partner laughed when I told him I'd caught six, he said when you dumped them over the 5 foot church wall next door hoping they'll end up church mice, they probably scaled the wall and got back indoors before I did. He also recons the six are two caught 3 times so I'm going around in circles.
There were seven mistakes shown by spell check, then were not all perfect.

Thanks for your replies and from them I see none of U have used the audibles that emit a signal that is claimed the mice/rats can't stand and leave. I have two humane traps already and caught another two since the post. Still more as a small piece of apple went last night and sons heard one scratching in the loft, maybe its one thats tunnelled through the cavity insolation we has installed two yrs ago.

Those high pitch noise repeller things might work, but I have never seen professional pest control people use them. This ought to tell you something.

Those high pitch noise repeller things might work, but I have never seen professional pest control people use them. This ought to tell you something.

I see your point, should have thought of that myself, it's me age. thanks.
Greengrass

bloke at works got one, an albino(the snake not him) he defrosts mice to feed it though it has to be tepid water otherwise if the mouse cooks in any way it can kill the snake as he found out with a previous one.

Sponsored Links
Back