Mice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new build property what I rent out what keeps getting mice. The tenant is clean. I have blocked everywhere off . I have got mice covers over vents , drains etc but I still get mice. The property is semi but attached to 3 properties on the left . The walls are only plasterboard and the structure is just studding. Could the mice be coming in from the adjoining property from under the floor boards ?

Sponsored Links
Ok I should as it in a different way and make the guess myself based on what I have done. Are the joists on new build properties joined or do they blocked them house to house by running timber parallel ?

It could be one of several different methods.

Sometimes the party walls are solid block, with the joists either running parallel with the wall, or at right-angles to the wall and coming off joist hangers.

Alternatively the party wall may be a cavity wall, and the joists built-in from each side. If that's the case, and the mice are getting up the cavity, it's possible they can be getting through the inevitable shrinkage gaps around the joists, and then getting under the floors.

Sponsored Links
I would be surprised if the mice are coming from under the floor in a new build.

I caught 23 mice in my house last year, they were everywhere and my house is clean also. I would hear them eating their way through crisp packets when I went in the kitchen at night.

Since putting down traps and collecting 23 of them I have not had the problem since so they must have been a big family camping in.

have you set traps or put down poison?

we had mice for years, tried traps and poison, they would disappear for a while then come back about a year later.
since buying a border terrier I've not seen any in seven years :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back