micra will not start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my micra is turning over but nothing is happening with the engine was ok last night no hint that there was any problems plz help :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
It'd be pretty difficult to diagnose a fault, that would prevent it starting, from a distance. Especially one that needs certain diagnostic checks to be carried out.
I suspect your best bet, on this occasion, is to bite the bullet and call someone out to it.
A question and answer session, followed by numerous actions to try and identify the problem, on a forum could take a few days.

Sponsored Links
When attempting to start the car, do not depress the accelerator pedal, this confuses the engine control unit, and will flood the engine.
Does the engine actually turn over when trying to start it?

Wotan

When attempting to start the car, do not depress the accelerator pedal, this confuses the engine control unit, and will flood the engine.
Does the engine actually turn over when trying to start it?

Wotan
no engine will not turn over av checked all the fuses checked the spark is there and fuel is getting through but nothing a havent put the accelerator down coz a know this will flood the engine any more suggestions plzzz

It'd be pretty difficult to diagnose a fault, that would prevent it starting, from a distance. Especially one that needs certain diagnostic checks to be carried out.
I suspect your best bet, on this occasion, is to bite the bullet and call someone out to it.
A question and answer session, followed by numerous actions to try and identify the problem, on a forum could take a few days.

thank you a have spoke to a mechanic nd he said it sounds like the sensor on the crank shaft, but he is going to put it on the diagnostics machine will post when a get it fixed nd say what it was CHEERS

I think mattylad had the only possible "quick-fix solution"

I think mattylad had the only possible "quick-fix solution"
yer but got a little annoyed when he said that coz if a had took the time to check the petrol pump common sense would tell him that a new if a had petrol or not lol,,,a do know a lot about cars nd apart form fear of snapping a nail am no stranger to a engine :D

I appreciate what you're saying, and probably that your temperament was a little off-colour at the time. But there was no way that mattylad could have known about your capabilities, at the time.

It is often the first question asked by most mechanics.

I appreciate what you're saying, and probably that your temperament was a little off-colour at the time. But there was no way that mattylad could have known about your capabilities, at the time.

It is often the first question asked by most mechanics.

no probs but good news av sorted it am back on the road a lot off ppl have been telling me it was my immobiliser so picked my mechanics brains nd he said I could reset it by disconnecting my battery for 2 hrs,,,, a did still no joy,,, so a reset my key in the ignition switching it on and off 6 times ect, following the instruction off the net,,,, and YEEEEHHHAAAA AM BACK,,, a would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to you all for taking the time to reply to me, mega appreciate it nd hope this will help anyone else with the same problem :mrgreen: p.s am still joining the AA tomorrow lol

Sponsored Links
Back