NISSAN MICRA AUTO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a bit of feedback on a Nissan Micra Automatic 1.2. The year is 2002.
Cut a long story short, I work in a bodyshop, my boss has just acquired the above vehicle that has sat in a Ladies garage for the last 6yrs after her Husband passed away, it has full history, has just passed its MOT and only has 11k miles on it!!!!! I'm looking to purchase it for my Wife but know nothing about these cars mechanicaly, ie; is the 1.2 16v engine ok? is the Auto box ok? She needs to do a daily 30 mile commute on the motorway plus running around town.
Cheers guys.

Sponsored Links
The engine on these is well proven, although there has been a few isolated incidents of timing chain wear. So long as the engine is mechanically quiet all will be well.
The auto box is also quite well thought of, (not the smoothest change though) but I would get the box oil changed to the latest spec stuff....automatics don't like stop starts from cold! This just involves dropping the gearbox sump off and cleaning the filter inside - nothing major.
John :)

I kind of hoped you would jump in with a few comments John ;) All sounds pretty good then, you mention changing to the latest spec ATF, can I then assume the original spec is not used any more?
You wont believe how clean this car is, even after being sat in a garage for 6yrs!!

Cheers, Phil.

Don't quote me Phil but I'm pretty sure the original ATF was Dextron II, now superceded to Dextron III - maybe its best to let Mr. Nissan decide!
I guess this car is the K11 (Noddy shape)......its really well sorted but does tend to corrode out its radiator at the bottom for some obscure reason.
Good luck with it if you decide to go ahead!

Sponsored Links
Aha thats not Noddy, its 'Froggy'......according to the trade slang :p
Nice vehicle, bit of a retro interior (radio etc) but well proven mechanicals from the previous Noddy!
Very easy to service, the front is plastic that bounces back into shape when heated up - but I've no experience with the keyless entry. There's usually a way in through the passenger door if this fails, so it could be wise just to find out how.
Good luck with it - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Back