microbore vs. 15mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've got micro-bore throughout my house but I'm decorating our lounge and thinking of upgrading the pipework to 15mm.

But, is it worthwhile me doing this - I've heard that Microbore will heat up quicker which makes me think that it would be cheaper to run as it doesn't take as long to heat up..? Am I missing something here?

And if I do upgrade some rooms to 15mm is it okay to leave the remainder on a microbore set-up, a sort of hybrid system until I get around to replacing the lot as I decorate each room?

Sponsored Links
personally dont like microbore system.
if you want to change best bet do it all at once, drain flush and fill once, that there inhibitor damn pescky expensive.

Sponsored Links
Well its not technically broken, but I want to run the pipework behind a cavity wall and I think 90 degree elbows will allow me to do a neater jon than with microbore.

Also forgot to mention that the house has a solid floor so the pipeowork is all drop feed and therefore looks ugly coming down the walls.

Plus, I heard that you shouldn't run microbore more than 6m, I think at leat two of my runs will be slightly londer than that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back