Micron 40FF central heating issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Glow Worm Micron 40FF which was installed just over a year ago. For the first time my central heating will not come on. The hot water seems to be unaffected as can hear the fan coming on and the ignition along with the burner light coming on after use. Have tried switching off and leaving then turning all back on with no such luck.

Have read a lot about their being problems with the PCB.

Can anyone give advice/suggestion as to what might be causing this?

Any help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sorry

Should have mentioned I don't have any real knowledge with regards to this, only what i've been reading on other sites and posts.

Could you explain a bit more?

If you have a Micron and it is only a year old, then I suspect it is an illegal installation as it is not a condensing boiler.

If the hot water is OK it is unlikely to be the boiler.

Check thermostats, timer zone valves etc., none which you have told us about so far...

Sponsored Links
Have to agree with all Dan has said. Check the ch zone valve or room stat before looking anywhere else.

Unless you had an exemption certificate you should not have had this boiler fitted, as Dan also said :eek:

I'm actually in a new property (Persimmon Homes) and this is the only boiler ever fitted. Would be extremely annoyed if found fitted illegally.

I must admit that never would have thought might be coming from the room stat as had moved earlier in day and was registering temp. Is not a digital room stat though just a manualy adjusting dial.

I have heard that there is a loophole whereby if the boiler type ( non-condensing ) was shown on the plans before April 2005 then they can still be fitted as they had already been approved under the building regulations.

Tony

Are you sure it is 'just over a year ago' or could it be 2 or 3 years old?

Persimmon round my way used to fit Micron along with a boilermate thermal store.

I would still be looking at external controls if it always fires for HW.

I'm the first property owner and only moved in Oct 07 when the property was finished. The tank has an installation date of Sept 07. Must admit though not had great experience with persimmons. Also Glo worm website does list the micron details so not much help there.

Will look into the stat etc as suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back