Micron 50 FF help

mav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glow Worm Micron 50FF boiler which is three years old with a built in Invensys programmer. I also have a Tower RP roomstat fitted to the system.

This morning the heating failed to come on but the roomstat was showing it was switched on. I therefore assumed the batteries in the roomstat were dead so replaced them. The boiler still failed to fire when the roomstat switched on.

The hot water side of the boiler fires the boiler up without problem and the system seems to be operating correctly.

I have spoken with the roomstat technical help line who suggested putting a link across the two wires in the roomstat. If this fired the boiler, the roomstat would be faulty, if not the problem lay elsewhere. I did as they suggested, still nothing from the heating side of the boiler.

So, any suggestions as to where the fault lies? Is it a faulty programmer?

Thanks in advance,

Mav

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Seems to be the motor on the motorised valve. Removed the motor and moved the switch manually, works fine.

Thanks for the help.

Mav

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back