Microsoft wireless keyboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently replaced my old PS2 version of the Microsoft Natural keyboard with the shiny, new wireless version + mouse to partner my brand new PC. Having checked the bios USB enable, loaded the software & set everything up all seemed to be working fine.

I then went on to install a standby Windows XP Pro OS (which I always have) & when setup got to the license agreement, duly pressed F8 to accept --- nothing! I then tried the F6 option on exiting &, again, nothing. I had to connect my old PS2 keyboard before I could load the new OS.

Other relevant keys, return etc. & the mouse seem to work outside the OS (i.e. in bios & OS setup) but not the F keys! Anyone else had this? Is it some quirk with the wireless keyboard? Have I missed something in setup? Is it faulty?

Sponsored Links
This behavior may occur if the keyboard is equipped with an F LOCK toggle key, and the F LOCK key has been turned on. :?:

Thanks doc, that was nice & simple to fix! Not seen the F lock key before & it’s not on my old SP2 version of the keyboard, what’s it for?

It also seems a bit stupid that it should default to the locked setting on post as I can imagine it probably causes all sorts of problems for the unsuspecting or uneducated trying to set their system up!

Sponsored Links
Would you believe I did search the Microsoft site initially but didn't manage to find anything! Thanks again.

Back