microsoft word

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to put a version of word on my parents machine,i know about open office org but am having difficulty trying to explain to them how to convert documents to word to send on via e mail
does anyone know which would be the best and easiest version to get?
ive seen 2000 on amazon but not sure if its compatable with windows xp

Sponsored Links
Yes, Office / Word 2000 is compatible with XP.

Do you have your own computer with Office installed? If so, you could just put the installation thats on that machine onto your parents machine if you still have the CD.

Or, you could download Office, obviously I'm not conding the use of illegally downloaded software! :cool:

I've got Office 2000 on my PC and I'm more than happy with it (runs with XP no problem).

My brother has 2003 and I'm not so keen on that or any of the newer versions to be honest.

Sponsored Links
If they only need 'word' for emails & will not be using it for its potentional, whats wrong with 'notepad' its probably on your pc already.

You might as well get MS works suite 2002 or 2000 as it comes with WORD as well as Money, Autoroute etc.. Your problem is trying to find a seller as it is quite an old version now. :D

ive got a copy of works 8.5 but when you create a word processor document in that and send to someone with microsoft word they cannot open it as they are wps files,its a pain in the arse!

ive got a copy of works 8.5 but when you create a word processor document in that and send to someone with microsoft word they cannot open it as they are wps files,its a pain in the a**e!

You don't say, but I asume that your parents PC has Microsoft Works on it, or you are thinking of using the Works 8.5.
If you (or family) are going to be the only ones they will be sending .wps files to then you can open them if you have MS Word on your PCs.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315757
Scroll down the page to:
If Works 6.0, Works 7.0, Works 8.0, or Works 9.0 is not installed on same computer as Word
and it explains how to download and use the Works 6-9 Converter.
dave [/u]

I have just come across this too!
If you do not want to download the Converter there is an on-line converter that uploads your files in any format and changes them to what format you want and emails them back to you all done FOR FREE!
http://www.zamzar.com/
dave

Office enterprise 2007 -- £18 perfectly legal.
;)

ive got a copy of works 8.5 but when you create a word processor document in that and send to someone with microsoft word they cannot open it as they are wps files,its a pain in the a**e!

You miss the point.. It comes with the full version of word. As in .doc.
Conversion is a Pain so don't go down the works suite that doesn't offer Word as a separate application.

Sponsored Links
Back