Mid Position Valve issue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello experts,

Hope someone can help me with this little problem thats racking my brain since I've rewired the the heating system.

So it all started when we moved in to our new house and found that the Central Heating couldn't be programmed off. This came down to the room stat being wired of the permanent live rather than the CH live of the programmer.

Anyway, I got a bit carried away with myself and decided to tidy everything up by replacing all the loops of twin and earth with some neatly clipped multi core flex. In doing so I got a little bit confused with the wiring and on powering it up there was quite a large pop from around the Mid pos valve area followed by the fuse blowing and the main RCD tripping. (I've since corrected this wiring problem which was me wiring the cylinder stat incorrectly)

Since then I get no live coming out of the Mid Pos on the Orange wire for CH. Voltage goes in on the White and the valve moves in to position for CH but the boiler and pump won't fire as you would expect.

Also when demanding CH & HW the valve is now 'Hunting' around the mid position?

Does it sound like I've blown the diode out on the valve head and can just replace that?

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back