Mid Position Valve Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Landis & Gyr (now Seimens) MAV-322 mid position valve. I changed the synchronous ac motor this morning. The valve is in the most awkward place imaginable. I had to fit the motor virtually just by feel as the valve is squashed between the side of hot water cylinder and the cupboard wall – the valve also faces away from me. Anyhow 2 hours later (just to remove old and refit new motor) I had it fitted. I expected everything to fire into life but… no. Having another look I notice the PCB (above where the motor is fitted) with the 2 micro switches is loose – if this isn’t in the correct position the switches wouldn’t operate correctly so perhaps this was the cause of my problems all along! Try as I might I can’t find a diagram of the 322 valve anywhere… I don’t want to take the motor off again for a look – does anyone know how to tighten and align the board, if I had a valve in my hand it’d be obvious I’m sure…
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
valve is in the most awkward place imaginable.

No it isn't. There was this valve .........!

There were a few, does the head clip on or screw on ? Might be best to remove it whole, operate, then replace or renew.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back