Miele Dishwasher 640 Won't fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know.

I've posted about a similar problem with my washing machine but they are on separate supplies and the washing machine one is a new fault and this one is very old fault (gave up).

My Miele dishwasher won't fill. I've checked the usual suspects, filter on input valve, spray pump mechanism in sump for blockages, water available, salt in salt dispenser.

The machine will just sit there pumping out the sump. The inlet cable is not kinked. I was trying to get the skin off to check for broken wires and 'solenoid' power to the valve but One of the screws on the front worktop (inside the door) is stuck and I haven't the strength to move it.
I presume I nneed the top off the get at the rest (with power off, obviously)

There was some time without salt in the dispenser and the machine stopped drying dishes properly before it quit filling. Could there be a resin sensor problem and is that fixable?
I haven't been able to get hold of a Miele qualified engineer. Is anyone local to Bedford?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back