Miele Novotronic Premier 500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had this machine for 5 years the the other night it stopped working. When starting a load, the machine takes the washing powder, adds water into the drum, then starts to turn. After a few turns it stop and the rinse light flashes. It resets and tries again to turn the drum but after a few turns, it stops, the rise light flashes, then empties the water.

Miele (phone) says this is because the drum is having problems turning but it is turning a few times before it stops so I don't understand. I had a local machine repair guy check it out but couldn't find anything wrong with it. He says everything seems fine.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
The rinse light flashing means exactly what Miele told you...the drum isn't turning properly. It might not turn at all, or may run a few revolutions in one direction but then refuse to turn the opposite way. Is that what is happening? This particular alarm can be caused by worn motor brushes, a motor fault, mechanical issue, loose motor plug, or perhaps more rarely a pcb fault. Did your local chappy check the brushes? At 5 years old they may be ripe for replacement. I mean no slant on your friendly local domestic appliance engineer but the best folks to diagnose Miele problems are Miele engineers. It depends how much time & effort you want to put into faultfinding the machine yourself as they are rather complicated. But if you do wish to dig deeper into the problem please post the full model number as stated on the door sticker (not what is written on the outside).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back