Miele Novotronic Premier 500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
miele novotronic premier 500.

After working perfectly fine for years, this morning it is showing no power (no lights).

This morning it was empty, with the door shut. No power, and I could only open the door manually.

The pump filter is clean (about half a pint of water came out).

Plug fuse good. Socket good. At the 'mains filter' brown is live. Only one of the two black wires to the next part (switch?) is live. Door will not lock.

Any advice welcome. I can use muliti meter.

Sponsored Links
Can you elaborate more on "the door will not lock".

It had to be manually opened with the release, but now with power it is refusing to stay shut?

Thanks for responding.

In a word 'yes'. When I push it to close, it will not stay in place. It will not 'lock', or stay closed.

I have an older w502 and when the door is open, there are no lights on the control panel.

When the door is closed, then the control panel has one light on (Finish/anti-crease) if the selector is at 12 o'clock.

I would focus on the door lock initially.

Attachments

• miele.pdf
    208.9 KB · Views: 325
Sponsored Links
Oh, mine worked perfectly for years too but then it sprung a leak. The float switch was activated.
Looking more closely, the door seal had a hole next to the door switch.

For me, years of use with gradually weaker shocks had worn a hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back