Miele Novotronic washing machine-blinking light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
Our Miele Novotronic W833 (5kg) washing machine has been acting up lately... The cycle runs fine, but when it's turned on (whether washing or not), the "Rinses/Rinse Hold" light on control panel keeps blinking constantly and quite quickly as well.

It keeps blinking even while the washing is on...

Although I haven't yet noticed any negative impact on the washing (thank goodness!) -- I still wonder if it's an indication that something is going awry?!

I tried pulling the plug at the mains hoping that it will reset but that didn't work.

Any help as to why this is happening/how we can fix it would be really, really appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,
Mrs Greenwood
P.S. The Nr. is 00/33382450

Sponsored Links
The User's Guide just says "If the “Rinses/Rinse hold” light flashes quickly there is a fault. Start the programme again. If the light starts flashing again, call the Service dept."

Could be indicating worn brushes on the motor? (But that's a guess, so probably not much help).

Thanks Jules- It's unfortunate that they've kept the diagnostic so vague...
I really dread having to call in one of their engineers, as it's out of warranty.
Thanks again for your helpful reply, I hope maybe someone else can also shed some much needed light on this...
Cheers,
Mrs Greenwood

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back